Naturopathy by Dr Radhika Kamat
Dr Radhika Kamat ND, is an American board certified licensed Naturopathic physician. She received her Doctoral degree in Naturopathic medicine from the reputed Bastyr University, Washington, USA, one among the few medical schools in the country that offers specialized training in Conventional and Alternative Medicine.
- Naturopathic medicine committee, California state Licensure, USA
- Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians, USA
- Association for Advancement in Restorative Medicine (AARM), USA
- Seeking Health Educational Institute, USA
- Naturopathy and Yoga Graduates Medical Association, INDIA
She also earned her 5 year Medical Bachelor’s degree in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India.
Her mission is to provide Compassionate, Committed and Comprehensive Naturopathic Care that addresses the root cause of acute or chronic health concerns with effective and evidence based natural medicine approach.
Dr. Kamat uses conventional diagnostic tools as well as specialized biomedical testing to determine the underlying cause of health concerns. She offers an individualized whole person approach that assists the body in returning to a healthy balanced state.
She sees patients of all ages and with all health concerns. She has special interests particularly in the treatment of digestive disorders, neuro-endocrine and immune conditions including autoimmunity, fatigue and infectious disease including acute and chronic infections. She also works with children, ranging from Asthma, allergies and eczema, to developmental delays and autism.
Additionally, Dr Kamat treats people with various mental health concerns such as depression and anxiety. She uses classical naturopathic therapies and is very mindful of the emotional and spiritual components of illness.
Other certifications and Training:
Epigenetics: With additional training in epigenetics, she will look into your genetic information to customize treatment plans.
She also uses visceral manipulation and craniosacral therapies along with other treatments whenever necessary.
Dr. Kamat is pleased to serve as your Natural Family Doctor. She is now accepting new patients of all ages.
Therapeutic Evaluations Include:
- Pertinent history and Evaluation
Laboratory Assessments Includes:
- Standard blood work. To abide by MOH regulations, patient will be referred to our trusted network of GP’s or independent labs for testing.
Specialty tests may include:
- Nutritional (Vitamin and Mineral) Analysis
- Digestive function and Food Sensitivity Analysis
- Organic Acid Analysis
- Heavy Metal and Environmental toxicity testing
- Clinical Nutrition: This includes individualized dietary plans and nutritional supplements to treat many medical conditions or to assist with healthy weight management.
- Botanical Medicine: The use of plants or plant extracts for medicinal purposes.
- Homeopathy: Homeopathic remedies are very small doses of natural substances that can stimulate the body’s self healing response.
- Physical Medicine: Includes Naturopathic joint mobilization and Cranial therapies. This may also include the manual use of stretching, neuro-muscular reeducation, and therapeutic exercises.
- Detoxification: There are many methods for helping our bodies eliminate accrued toxins. Specific programs for detoxification are tailored to each individual patient ranging from intro to detox methods, 14-21 day cleanses and fasting methods.
- Hydrotherapy: These methods can provide relaxation and immediate symptom relief from a variety of ailments through the thermodynamic properties of hot and cold water. Research has shown that the proper application can optimize overall health by stimulating the immune system and supporting detoxification pathways.
- Counseling: Counseling and stress management may be useful for addressing the mental, emotional, or spiritual components impacting one's health.
How can Naturopathy help me?
Naturopathy can help in many health conditions. Where necessary and appropriate, we engage trusted medical and other allied health care practitioners to support you in your healing journey.
Some of the conditions that can benefit from a naturopathy approach include:
(If your condition is not listed, please check with us)
Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Weight management, Autoimmune Disease, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
Anxiety, Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD, ADHD) and mood disorders.
Sinusitis, Allergies, Sore Throats, Chronic or Recurrent infections.
Management of High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol.
Recurrent Infections, Asthma, Allergies, sinusitis, and etc
Auto-Immune conditions and Immune related issues
- Children's Health:
Well child visits, Autism and common childhood complaints, and etc
Diarrhea, Constipation, Gas and Bloating, Abdominal pain, Heartburn (reflux or GERD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Colitis, Hemorrhoids, Yeast overgrowth, SIBO, etc
Arthritis, Osteopenia, Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Muscle spasms, Tendinitis etc.
Acne, Boils, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes, Hives
Headaches, Migraines, Parkinsons disease, Dementia
- Men’s Health:
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Women’s Health:
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Irregular Menses, Menopausal symptoms, Recurrent Chronic Vaginal Infections, Recurrent Chronic Bladder Infections, Interstitial Cystitis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), and etc