Quicksilver Scientific’s sophisticated detoxification supplement, IMD (Intestinal Metals Detox) optimizes the natural removal of metals through the intestines. This proprietary compound supplements the natural action of glutathione in the intestines. It ensures that EDTA bound toxins do not get disassociated by enzymes in the gut. IMD delivers insoluble thiol groups to bind and remove heavy metals accumulated in the intestines and to directly quench free radicals. IMD’s actions enhance Phase III Detoxification—the system of transporters leading out of the body.
IMD is the only product of its kind in the industry and is a few thousand times more powerful than chlorella – providing a “ready, raring to go” source of thiol groups that have such a strong affinity for metals – it will always out-compete all other compounds to bind to these metals in the gut – ensuring no recirculation of toxins into the bloodstream and system. This doesn’t just accelerate the heavy metal detoxification process, but also prevents or at least lightens the stress on the immune system. In many detoxification regimes that use harsh chelating and detoxification agents – the so-called “healing crises” or “Herxheimer’s reactions” as they like to call it – are in actual fact brought about by “retoxification” of the system – simply because many bound toxins get disassociated in the intestines where enzymes break the bonds between detoxifier/chelator and toxin. These “Free” toxins now return to the bloodstream, versus previously sitting in cells to effect disruption, and causes the immune system to go on overdrive – creating all kinds of undesirable reactions.
IMD is thus the lifesaver and the compound that ensures everyone can go through detoxification safely. Should someone undergo chelation therapy, some prep work should ideally have been done and also, IMD is a must to maximise the effects of chelation. Here are some features of IMD:
- Binds mercury and other heavy metals in the intestines and escorts these harmful contaminants out of the body.
- Intercepts methylmercury and other metals trapped in enterohepatic circulation. Facilitates heavy metal detox, binding and removing intestinal heavy metals.
- Leads to lowering of blood mercury levels, allowing organ- and tissue-bound mercury safely to drain into the blood at a natural rate.
- Improves the body’s natural detoxification ability by quenching free radicals and stopping metal-catalyzed free radical reactions that can lead to inflammation and cause down-regulation of detox transporters (Phase III transporters—OATs, cMOAT, MRPs, etc)1.
- Fortifies the link between the intestines and the immune system.
One 6gm bottle of IMD is equivalent to 3,000 – 5,000 chlorellas – its binding powers is unparalleled and no other product of its kind exists today!
ACTIVE CHEMISTRY OF IMD
IMD (Intestinal Metals Detox) is a proprietary product that consists of highly purified silica with covalently attached thiolic metal-binding groups. Both the silica base and the binding agents are GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) for use in food.
The specific chemistry of the compound has several benefits over other detoxification remedies, specifically heavy metal detox:
- The active binding groups out-compete other compounds for metals in the intestines.
- Because IMD Intestinal Cleanse does not enter the bloodstream, it will not lead to redistribution or surges of mobilized metals that can lead to potential kidney/liver overload. In fact, preliminary data suggests increased liver function in some patients, as measured by changes in bilirubin levels.
ELIMINATES DISRUPTIONS IN NATURAL BODY–WIDE DETOXIFICATION
Intestinal inflammation inhibits elimination of toxins by causing a strong down-regulation of the body’s natural detoxification pathways1. Ironically, exposure to certain toxins contributes to intestinal inflammation.
For example, the corrosion of amalgam mercury results in mercuric mercury (HgII, also called inorganic mercury) release. When swallowed with saliva, HgII can cause intestinal inflammation and initiate this negative feedback2.
In addition to inflammation, it has been demonstrated that a build up of metals alone slows the transport proteins3. The data suggests that continuous removal of metals from the intestines is essential for the proper daily functioning of natural detoxification processes. The continuous removal of metals is also critical for a successful practitioner-directed detoxification program.