Liposomal Vitamin C with R-Lipoic Acid is the most absorbable form of professional-grade Vitamin C.
Vitamin C is essential to any detoxification program because, it feeds the system that eliminates toxins. It is also very effective in removing lead, and other heavy metals from our system, and fighting off the free radicals that form in the liver during the first phase of detoxification.
Early European sailors and explorers suffered, and sometimes perished, from a wasting condition known as scurvy, a disease we now know is caused by vitamin C deficiency. As it turns out, it was the lack of fresh fruit and vegetables on long ocean voyages that often lead to this strange condition. In the 18th century, English physicians identified that certain plants and fruits contained a tonic, or factor (vitamin C, as it turns out) which prevented the scourges of scurvy: everything from tooth loss, skin disorders, and mental breakdown to appetite loss, diarrhea, fever and irritability. In bad cases, vitamin C deficiency leads to bleeding, paralysis, and even death. Humans, unlike most other animals, cannot make vitamin C in our bodies, and must consume it in foods or supplements.
Now known as the “grandfather” of the traditional antioxidants, vitamin C has a wide range of astonishing health benefits and plays a pivotal role in enhancing detoxification. Here are a few excellent reasons to supplement your diet with vitamin C:
- Battle oxidation. Vitamin C acts as a major electron donor for eight different enzymes and maintains optimal electron flow in your cells. This decreases Ascorbate (vitamin C) acts as a reducing agent, donating electrons and preventing oxidation to keep iron and copper atoms in their reduced states. (1)
- Protect proteins, lipids, and other vital molecular elements in your body. This maintains active defenses against tissue degradation and supports proper bodily functions. (1, 2)
- Regulate mineral balance. Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis, which is an important structural component of your bones, blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and neurotransmitters. (2, 10)
- Slow down the aging process, and restore healthy aging. Vitamin C has been shown to actually reverse age-related abnormalities including metabolic syndrome, inflammation, liver, and tissue injury in mice that had a premature aging disorder called Werner Syndrome. (3)
- Support brain health. Vitamin C helps facilitate central nervous system signal transduction in the neurotransmitters and supplies electrons for the formation of neurotransmitters. (4)
- Strengthen general health. Vitamin C has also been found to play a role in maintaining wellness. (5,11)
- Support detoxification. Vitamin C is helpful for mercury elimination, as it tends to mobilize mercury from intracellular stores. (6, 7, 8, 9)
Given the extraordinary amount of research indicating vitamin C’s ability to promote healthy detoxification and longevity, it’s important to consume the most effective and convenient means of supplementation. The human body does not make vitamin C, and it must come from diet or supplementation. Research shows that the degree of absorption of traditional vitamin C supplements decreases as intake increases. At high intake, human absorption of ascorbic acid may be as low as 33%, though it has been shown to be as high as 90% absorbed in oral liposomes. (10)
Quicksilver Scientific uses a phospholipid encapsulation system for Liposomal vitamin C that improves upon basic liposomal technology with smaller, more stable, tightly distributed, single-layer spheres (called unilamellar vessicles) made from the highest-grade ingredients available. These small vesicles begin absorbing as soon as they hit your mouth, ensuring high absorption of vitamin C before it is altered by the harsh processes in the stomach and intestines. Quicksilver Scientific has effectively improved upon the high-tech equipment, rigorous processes, and tight particle-size controls used by pharmaceutical companies and has created a superior, new category of liposomal products: Quicksilver Delivery Systems™.
R-Lipoic acid has an exceptionally well documented ability to up-regulate the glutathione system via the Nrf2 nuclear transcription pathway. This combination of Vitamin C and R-Lipoic acid in a nano-liposomal delivery potently harnesses the power of Vitamin C to complement a fully-functioning glutathione system – where the primary antioxidant network can be operating at full steam ahead.