The Black Box II is quite simply the most elegantly put together, functional medicine level detoxification protocol that addresses all the gaps left by other so-called detox programs:
· The inevitable “retoxification” problems
· Opening the pathways to detoxification
· Guaranteeing elimination, not just mobilization
· Restoring and supporting the body’s innate detoxification abilities
· Address dysregulated immunity and GI dysfunction that blocks proper detoxification
· Guaranteeing the “nutrikinetics” of the products – allowing to accurately time product consumption or miss the window to bind toxins just as they are being pushed out in bulk
- Bypassing digestion and ensuring the products are sent to work where they are needed
The Detoxification Picture
Currently, there are four main ways in which physical toxins can leave our body:
- Through our skin
- Through our mouths
- Through our urinary tracts
- Through our bowels
Sweating through the use of Far Infrared saunas is a popular way of detoxification but it has limitations as some toxins do not readily exit the cell without proper mobilisation through detoxifiers and transporters (both endogenous and exogenous). The long-term studies on sauna use for general health are encouraging, yet there is very little data and statistics on its impact in relation to detoxification. On top of that, only toxins that are in subcutaneous tissue are more easily detoxified in this manner.
Purging and vomiting is often a sign of intoxication e.g. getting drunk, or an esoteric spiritual cleansing practice – which is not easy to learn and achieve, yet also having its limitations in detoxifying and mobilising a broad range of toxins.
This brings us to the 2 most common methods of detoxification – which is through urination or bowel excretion. The body has a transporters system to bring toxins through this route i.e. MRP1 from cell into blood flow, then to OATP to liver or kidneys.
Elimination of toxins through urine is specifically for water-soluble toxins or for example, those that are bound to chelators such as EDTA. It is also still a much less preferred route (as most toxins get pulled in by OATP transporters into the liver cell) and the challenge is that the kidneys cannot handle huge loads of toxicity or it will also go through damage (especially the proximal tubule epithelial cells) and may even lead to renal insufficiency.
So this inevitably leads us to elimination through our bowels from the liver, which is undoubtedly the main route for detoxification to take place. However, before elimination through the bowels, many key detoxification steps have to take place in the liver – as we all know that the liver is also the main filtering organ in the body.
With inflammation, unprecedented toxicity levels and toxins of all kinds like mold, heavy metals and the insidious endotoxin blocking the liver and causing cholestasis, detoxification shuts down and numerous attempts at detoxification cause more toxaemia and “retoxification” than it does in eliminating toxins from the body.
Introducing The Black Box II
The Black Box II was designed specifically to solve the tough detoxification riddle by ensuring the smooth forward kinetics of detoxification. This translates down to the following benefits:
- Actual Elimination of Toxins Out of the Body (By restoring and supporting Phase 3 transmembrane transporters system)
- Almost NO Healing Crises (Which are actually re-toxification manifestations)
- A Lot of Detoxification Can Be Achieved in a Very Short Span of Time
- Safe and Effective for All
- Precise Kinetics Through Small Unilamellar Vesicles (SUVs) Liposomes (Allows for accurate timing of accompanying doses for cellular uptake)
The Black Box II protocol is very easy to follow and has innumerable benefits that are results of dealing with the fundamental causes of countless diseases. Whilst the research and mechanisms that are addressed in the Black Box II protocol may sound complex, in essence, it is a deep, complete, and substantial detoxification achieved comfortably through a natural, advanced functional medicine approach.
What is in The Black Box II?
- Nanoemulsified DIM – Diindolylmethane (DIM) or 3,3’-Diindolylmethane is a compound derived from Indole-3-Carbinol, which is found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage and kale. DIM has been shown to be a strong activator of the antioxidant response element (ARE), a regulator of expression of many Phase II drug metabolizing enzymes and Phase III transporters as well as the body’s endogenous glutathione production. It does this a little differently from other upregulators by unblocking the Nrf2 system itself – versus directly upregulating it – which will be of little use when the system itself is blocked. DIM lifts mold blocks in the liver, which is one of the key factors that blocks the transporter system that moves toxins and bile salts out of the liver, and results in backing up of toxins into the blood again. DIM also helps stabilise over-sensitivity and ensures the body does not overreact during detoxification. It is also a potent anti-cancer molecule and is particularly crucial for healthy estrogen metabolism – and this helps the liver clear out more aggressive and toxic estrogens out of the body (including xenoestrogens). Due to DIM’s immune-balancing properties, it addresses the fundamental Th1/Th2/Th17/Treg cytokine balance which causes many to be unable to detoxify from certain invaders in the first place, and to have hypersensitive reactions to otherwise harmless compounds. As a metabolite of Indole-3-Carbinol, it is not easily usable by the body and often poorly absorbed or misses out some crucial pathways. The nanoemulsification and liposomal delivery takes it to a therapeutic, systemic level – which is a hallmark of the Black Box II.
- Liposomal Glutathione – Glutathione is the master detoxification molecule of the body. In fact, the glutathione system is a very comprehensive, endogenous system to ensure all toxins in the body can be detoxified. Exogenous detoxifiers are not as broad-spectrum as glutathione and have limited specificity. The detoxification network of supporting enzymes like Glutathione Transferase and Peroxidase, and Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), make it so sophisticated and effective that when optimised (from Nanoemulsified DIM), further adding glutathione itself directly turbocharges the entire detoxification process. This mobilises toxins from inside the cell. Glutathione also helps to manage dysregulated immunity, and is extremely potent against viruses e.g. Herpes simply can’t survive when exposed to glutathione. In a cell culture-based research study conducted in Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, liposomal glutathione has been demonstrated to be 100 times more efficient for intracellular delivery than non-liposomal glutathione. In a recent study (Hood RR et al.) with various liposomes, cellular uptake increased 9 times as liposome size decreased from 236 nm to 97 nm, and was 34 times higher at the smallest size of 64 nm. All the liposomal products in The Black Box II are Small Unilamellar Vesicles (SUVs), where they are all in the sub 100 nanometres range and below, which is unprecedented in the industry, requiring sophisticated, costly techniques such as sonication and homogenisation technologies. The difference is literally “crystal clear”, as such liposomes are smaller than the wavelength of light and appear transparent and “clear”, unlike the “milky”, opaque ones which include Large Unilamellar Vesicles (LUVs), and Multi-Lamellar Vesicles (MLVs). Of course, the difference is also clearly felt, and clearly measured with toxin panels. Liposomal Glutathione is so therapeutic and wide-ranging as its profound benefits including detoxification, immune-balancing, anti-inflammation, cellular signalling, master antioxidant properties (works as an antioxidant and recycles other antioxidants like CoQ10, Vitamin C etc.) make it the fundamental necessity in virtually all, and especially this Black Box II detoxification regime.
- Micellized Pure PC – Phosphatidylcholine is a vital component of external and internal cell membranes and necessary for membrane integrity, structure and function. Micellized Pure PC provides Small Unilamellar Vesicles (SUVs), liposomes so small that they are an average of an unprecedented 20-30 nanometres. This allows for membrane therapy, to repair cell membranes and facilitate transport of toxins in and out of the liver cell. It also helps cellular communication by maintaining the golgi apparatus and endoplasmic reticulum within each cell. We know from epigenetic research that the cell can live without the nucleus but not without the membrane. Pure PC as the direct material of the cell membrane is thus fundamental and crucial to biological functioning and health. It is precisely because we are not getting enough phosphatidylcholine in such therapeutic forms that the liver cell has to donate it out from its own membrane, creating damage and problems later on e.g. cirrhosis. Another factor that causes cirrhosis is when bile acids (which are like strong detergent powder) do not get conjugated. As a chaperone, phosphatidylcholine wraps up bile acids in such a way that it does not harm the liver tissue. It also helps keep the bile “fluid” instead of allowing it to gel up. Bile needs to be of the right “dilution” or it will end up again like harsh “detergent”. Pure PC is thus the first critical factor in opening up the liver Phase 3 transporter system (elimination phase) in the right direction to prevent backward circulation into the blood, maintain cellular membranes (especially in the liver cell, the hepatocyte) and ensure the proper fluidisation of bile and conjugation of bile acids. This is a crucial step of the Black Box II.
- Liposomal Methyl B Complex – With the full complex of activated B vitamins, methyl donor Trimethylglycine, and Milk Thistle extract, this ties the entire liver detoxification picture together by supporting Phase 1 and 2 detoxification. It supports healthy liver methylation without creating “methyl traps”. Again, its liposomal technology means that it readily bypasses the Blood Brain Barrier into the brain where the B Vitamins are in high demand. It thus facilitates the complete and smooth detoxification of the entire Black Box II protocol.
- Bitter X – This potent cholegogue formula is formulated specifically to maximise bile flow that, together with Micellized Pure PC, ensures that the liver is unblocked and that the Phase III transporter system is moving in the right direction again. Without this crucial step, the gallbladder is blocked and toxins have to back up into the blood again. This is where so many detoxification regimes and goals hit a massive roadblock and bring people many steps backwards – as retoxification and healing crises may throw people off equilibrium and cause further biological harm that the uninformed are brushing off as “healing crises”. Apart from the many ways Bitter X assists the liver, it specifically activates the Farnesoid X Receptor (FXR) which monitors bile salt buildup in the liver and then activates Pregnane X Receptor (PXR). Hence, when bile salts are sufficient, toxins and bile salts are stopped from entering whilst the transport of bile salts and toxins into the bile and flow into the intestines can take place. The liver cell will then allow new toxins in again and form bile salts once it is “low” – ensuring this critical and delicate balance is managed meticulously. In short, it activates flow. It directly upregulates the Bile Salt Export Pump (BSEP), which ensures that transportation of bile salts into bile takes place. With the bile constantly flowing, toxins will be pushed into the small intestines, ensuring no backward recirculation into the blood. It is important to also note that insufficient bile flow is one of the primary causes for Fatty Liver and Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth (SIBO). Technically speaking, it is cholestasis that leads to steatosis. Once this is all undone with this regime, we see massive improvements in Fatty Liver and SIBO conditions, and complete alleviation is not uncommon even with one round of detoxification. There are bitter receptors not just on the tongue, but on many sites of the body e.g. stomach, pancreas, vagal nerve. Women even find amazing relief from menopause symptoms like cramps and improvements in hormones as there are also bitter receptors on the ovaries – and toxins get cleared out from there with Bitter X. Again, it is inconceivable to consistently hit all these receptors without the liposomal delivery system. Bitter X, together with Micellized Pure PC, work coherently in the Black Box II to address the fundamental blocks in the liver/gallbladder system that begins as a simple problem, yet snowball into some of the most damaging health challenges there are.
Ultra Binder – Whilst the kinetics and absorption of all the above products in the Black Box IIare guaranteed to work and activate all the described detoxification processes due to its industry-leading nanosphere liposomal delivery, the Ultra Binder was formulated with the final elimination step in mind. From mobilising toxins out of the cell, ensuring Phase 1 and 2 detoxification is optimised, calming down potential immune “overreaction”, and pushing toxins in the right direction and preventing backwards recirculation by keeping the “doors open” and flowing – all have been taken care of up till the small intestine. However, once in the intestines, few things can happen:– Enterohepatic Circulation – Transport from enterocyte at small intestines back into the liver and potentially back into the blood
– Enzymatic Dissolution of Detoxifier Bond – For example, peptidases can break down the bond of glutathione and the toxin it is bound to. This happens with the wide spectrum of enzymes and many detoxifiers. Once that happens, the toxins can pass through the intestinal walls back into the blood.
– Leakage into the Bloodstream – Most people have varying degrees of leaky gut, and in severe cases, this can create very intense and potentially dangerous toxaemia reactions when toxins are already pushed out from bile flow into the small intestines and get recirculated back into the blood at full force. This presents a “chicken and egg” problem as many protocols begin with gut repair when the boatload of toxins are causing the inflammation and cytokine release that will constantly damage the gut and regulate the tight junctions to “open loose”. Other protocols that begin with detoxification simply do not address this recirculation problem as they are mostly unaware or don’t know how to.
The Ultra Binder is the solution to all these. The particles are of large enough size so that it does not escape the intestines. Also, it contains a rigorously studied spectrum of binders that have multiple specificities so that a small amount of each can cover the full spectrum of toxins ranging from endotoxins, VOCs, pesticides, biotoxins, chemicals, mold, aflatoxin, bacteria, bile with its conjugated toxins, heavy metals and even mopping up pro-inflammatory cytokines.
Specificity is very important as some binders simply cannot bind to a particular toxin, or it requires so much just to bind to a little of it as it has low specificity for that toxin. At high doses, binders can often cause mineral depletion, constipation, and further complications before any meaningful level of binding can occur.
The beauty of using these binders is that they trap toxins in its complex for elimination through the bowels, preventing recirculation into the blood through the 3 abovementioned ways. The addition of proprietary, quality-assured and therapeutic forms of aloe extract and acacia gum ensures that gut health and digestion would be concurrently supported. In fact, some protocols simply employ the use of therapeutic prebiotics that help re-establish gut flora and the microbiome. In each 4 grams serving of Ultra Binder, the binders and the aloe extract make up 2 grams, whilst the acacia gum alone makes up the other 2 grams. It has tight junction regulation properties, gut repair properties, absorption-enhancing properties e.g. increased mineral absorption, and even the ability to reduce gut-derived anxiety. Binders also work by signalling to the body to dump more toxins through the intestines route. This is particularly useful in conjunction with chelation types of therapy where the kidneys simply often cannot handle the sudden mobilisation of so much damaging toxins that even renal insufficiency can occur as a result.
Ultra Binder dose can be increased up to twice or thrice depending on needs, and can also be taken after meals to prevent symptoms of “head fog”, which is a sign of inflammatory response and further circulation of toxins. This is especially prevalent in cases where there is leaky gut, as it has been shown that when the GI barrier is open, so is the Blood Brain Barrier, and neuroinflammation can easily occur.
Otherwise, in the Black Box II protocol, Ultra Binder would be consumed 30 minutes after the rest of the products as the specific kinetics of the liposomal products show that it will hit the liver and push bile out to the small intestines by then. You want to ensure that you hit the intestines with the Ultra Binder when the bile and toxins have just flown out from the gallbladder.
The liposomal products in the Black Box II work best by holding it in the mouth for 90 seconds before swallowing. These specifics help ensure you are getting the most out of the regime.
Ultra Binder is the final piece of the detoxification puzzle and ensures elimination will take place without any chance for re-circulation of toxins into the system.
The Black Box II is indeed the most thorough, complete, easy and restorative detoxification system there is!